Tuesday 4 October 2016

Three Little Pigs

A blog can be any number of things to any one of us. For many it is many things: a diary, a public search for company, an antidote to loneliness, literary exhibitionism, opening up to the world, widening the reach - throwing the written voice as far as it will go, garnering interest and building a private virtual harem of followers...

In all cases I can think, however, the commonality is in the sharing. Maybe there is a latent wish to be accepted, to have someone respon, "yes, I can identify with that," or, "I understand you."

I wonder, if acceptance it is, is this acceptance real or virtual? Does the acceptance go all the way, i.e. have I found a kindred soul in each and every -- or some of the -- written pats on the back?

And where do the three little pigs come in -- I don;t really know, it just sounded good to me today and I wrote it quickly before it slipped my mind!

Of course, seen from the story cantage point, the little pigs sought to protect themselves from the outsidewhile the blogger is inviting the outside in.


I would upload a pig, but I the image uploads do not work these days!

No comments: